Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Getting Some Help

My sister, Rachael gets a lot of help from her ward and suggested that I do the same. It felt kind of weird at first. After all, she has three older kids with FXS and I only have my one 8 month old. BUT, I was getting a bit overwhelmed trying to do everything I should with Isaac. Long story short I have about eight young women on board to help me out. One of them comes almost every Monday and Friday for a half hour. Others come whenever.

I put together a movie and sent out a calendar sign up sheet. They sign up for a time, watch the movie, and come help. It's been good and allows me to do other needed things while resting assured that my child is getting help and attention. Amelia just plays along in her room so that's nice.
We are kind of at a stand still right now, though, because Isaac sleeps at ten and again at one until about four. It's hard to coordinate times. It is also sometimes hard to have the YW do the physical therapy with them. However, it has been a good experience.

It has been a learning experience as well. I don't know what I'm doing and have made mistakes that I'm sure the parents weren't happy about (like not being there when a girl had scheduled to be at my house!). All in all I think it will help me and Isaac and my family, especially for the future.

Isaac is doing well. We will be working on crawling next month and his physical therapist is very pleased. EI is now working more with cognitive development. We are working with pre-communication, games, acknowledgement, and more. I am so proud of my little buddy!

Also, I just got new visiting teachers. I guess for the first time in my life I need the stalwart ones (ya know, the ones that come every month, pray with you, etc :) Usually I'm okay and no one worries about me. I rarely get visit taught. So this is new ha ha I like it. They will watch Millie when people come to work with Isaac. They may also help with his therapy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment