Saturday, May 11, 2013

Okay, I have calmed down since my last post. I am still worried, however, considering many children with Fragile X have seizures. It's just scary, ya know? I feel like every time something isn't right I have to ask myself if it is related to the syndrome, or just normal stuff.

For example, lately I have had some pretty sleepless nights. My sister, Rachael, who has three kids with FXS said that at about six months she noticed sleep declining. She started giving her kids Melatonin (I think) to help her kids sleep.

Now I have to think Well, Amelia was the worst sleeper ever. I survived and now she is a champ. So...is it something I have to treat him for or is it because around this time I always have a hard time keeping my babies full (I won't go into that ;). Too many long naps in the day? Who knows.

Technically it is deemed normal at this age. Okay. So I wait it out and see. I don't ever want to medicate my child unless I have to and see it fully necessary.

The thing I see with Fragile X is that there are many things that happen to them that happen to every child: hyper activity, anxiety, not wanting to sleep, etc. but it is intensified. So I guess I will take it all one step at a time.
Every child is different, even every child with FXS.

(PS pictures and more info to come. Blogger has never been my friend when it comes to uploading anything. Lame sauce.)

No comments:

Post a Comment