Sunday, June 30, 2013

Back to the "seizures"

Remember that post a long time ago when I was freaking out about seizures? Well, since then he has had more. The longest one lasted only 10 seconds and there were several after. Needless to say when I told Rachael she freaked. Both her and the KOTM nurse said to take him to the ER.

Long story short, we finally took him in. I was hoping they had a EEG machine to test him. That was my impression, anyway. It turns out that they couldn't just do that test and so I am back to waiting for the pediatric visit I scheduled a few days ago. I should've just stuck with that because we will pay a lot for a doctor to come chat with us, look at Isaac, and say, "looks great!"

There are a few good things that came from this visit, however.
1) Once again I got to see the happiness that Isaac gives to everyone that meets him
2) There was reassurance that he is fine
3) The doctor that saw us lives on Rachael's street and is my cousin Shambrays uncle in law :). It's a small world. It was a tender mercy. Rachael moved to Orem, Isaac was diagnosed with FXS, Mark his physical therapist is in her ward, the ER Dr. (after some hard days we finally went to) is in her ward...it's no coincidence.
4) That same Dr. knows my Pediatrician that I haven't gone to yet. I have been referred to her several times and this just reassured me that she is a good choice now.
5) Recognized prayers are answered and God is aware of us.

Eventually Isaac will most likely go through EEG testing to be sure there is nothing going on as far as seizures go, but right now we are just watching him. Also, online I found what is called benign neonatal sleep myoclonus, which I think may be what we are dealing with here and is no big deal. SO cross your fingers and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment