Sunday, December 22, 2013

Unexpected Things

As Isaac gets older I run into unexpected things-some good, some not so good.

1) I was at the doctor the other day and they were weighing him on the scale. Obviously he didn't feel good, so she was trying other ways to weigh him besides laying down. She told me he could stand up if that would be easier.

"He can't stand."

I just left it at that.

2) I was at my brother's house tonight. All of the normal things don't seem so normal when you are somewhere else. Food everywhere. He throws up from gagging. Very active.
Oh yeah, I guess I'm just used to it. It's hard not to get embarrassed sometimes or want to cry. Jeremy is good at laughing things off, but sometimes I don't want to laugh-not yet.:)

3) The physical therapist came over the other day. He has been planning on Isaac walking for a while now. I was starting to get discouraged with the progress, but then Mark, the PT said he is doing so well. Isaac showed off for him with skills I didn't know he had! Must be the PT's new toys. :)

4) The occupational therapist is staying with us longer than I thought. I am surprised and glad because I thought he was just going to come a few times because I wanted it. Last time he brought many different sensory toys and I was happy for another helper on our behalf.

5) We try not to make excuses for him or coddle him, but he still drinks lots of milk and it has to be warm. Sometimes we do things just to stay sane and I wonder how long it will last! Sometimes Jeremy and I wonder what we can expect from him, ya know? I still expect the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment