Sunday, May 11, 2014

Millie, the sibling:)

You would think that having a typical child would be easier than having a child with special needs, but sometimes I wonder....
Battery operated Easter Train delight. (Best 2.99 ever)


Millie is a doll. She needs a lot of love, time, and attention (like all other kids). At this age she does not understand that Isaac gets more attention because a) he is younger and b) he requires more attention because of his circumstances, aka FXS.

It is hard when she talks like a baby because she thinks it will get her more attention like Isaac.
It is hard when she refuses to potty train...because Isaac is in diapers?
It is hard when they fight-literally-for my attention.
It is hard when she misbehaves because Isaac is getting more attention.
It is hard.....

BUT

It is good when she tries to help him eat
It is good when she gets him a toy when he is upset
It is good when she quiets him to sleep
It is good when she wants to hug him and give him kisses
It is good...

Sometimes I just don't know how to address the hard stuff. So I pray for inspiration and gifts, I study the scriptures, I go to school, and I just....keep....trying.....
I know I need help as a parent, so I'm looking for it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment