Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Are You Going To Have More Kids?"

"Are you going to have more kids?"

That seems to be the golden question these days- and not just for me. As a carrier of a genetic syndrome it gets complicated.

Jeremy and I weighed adoption but still do not feel good about that.

Jeremy and I weighed the option of InVitro Fertilization (IVF), but the cost, time, and all that goes into it was a bit much- at least for now.

We even thought about having another one of our own but the consequences were hard to face.

So....

We had a yard sale yesterday.
            A BABY yard sale.

Yup. I did it. It's all gone.

The cute little dresses, the blue robe with bunny slippers, the hats, the booties, the little shoes, the lacy bassinet...everything. Gone.

Unfortunately the yard sale didn't go so well. (I don't recommend them. So much work for so little return). So we gave some to people we know and the rest to the good ole DI. I hated it.

However, I just told myself that This isn't a hysterectomy! I can still have more kids later. And that pretty much got me through sorting all of the baby things.

It's weird to think that at age 25 I already have a 3 1/2 year-old, an almost 2 year-old, and...I'm probably done.

Now, don't get me wrong. Jeremy and I are not closing doors completely, but at least for now or any time in the very near future. And I think that's okay for us.

The day of the yard sale I learned something. Instead of waking up in dread and mourning thinking about why I'm having the yard sale, woe is me, etc. like I might typically do, I woke up with gratitude in my heart. I couldn't wait for my children to wake up and, when they did, looking at them-I was amazed. I love them SO much! They are perfect.

I won't lie. Isaac has put a whole new spin on life but I cannot help but just hug, squeeze, and kiss him at least a dozen time a day. And with the glasses on? Please! Who could resist. :)

All I have to say is life never turns out the way you thought it would, but it is good and there still is such a thing as a fairy tale.

Another thing I have learned throughout this whole process is that you truly cannot judge others for their decisions to have more kids, to not have any, to have one or two.There is a reason why it is typically a touchy subject.  That is a decision between husband and wife and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment