Sunday, January 26, 2014

All In His Hands/To Glorify The Lord

Isaac is fifteen months (almost), but does not know that mama is me or that dada is Jeremy. He is starting to make more sounds, but yaya is his favorite.
 He has a speech therapist now that will be coming every other month and more as he gets older. I bet you never thought a fifteen month old would have a speech therapist, eh?

It is hard not to get overwhelmed. I think just about anyone can say that, though. I know I'm not the only one:)

Sometimes I pretend....
I have this world where I go when I am so overwhelmed and stressed. (no I'm not crazy...well, maybe a little) It's a place where I can make a craft, improve my talents, go on a date, and have fun without feeling guilty.

I pretend sometimes that Isaac really is a regular little kid and that he is going to grow up, serve a full-time mission to Italy, get married in the temple to a wonderful woman, and have me some grandkids! And then I don't have to feel bad that I didn't work on his skills. I don't have to think, "Wow, I'm a bad mom and now he is going to fall even further behind because I didn't

-walk with him
-teach him sign language
-talk to him enough
-do puzzles
-whatever the long list of to-dos is.
So yes, sometimes I pretend so that I don't have a total break down/overload. I can just let my child grow up and figure things out on their own like most kids seem to.

Sometimes I wake up to reality with optimism. Sometimes I wake up to the despair. 

However, each day is a new one. 

And although Isaac seems to spend most of the days crying and needing my constant attention

I just tell myself that I can do hard things, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and that "all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord." I just remember that all this is for God's Glory. 

Because it makes me stronger
             more patient
                      more understanding
                                more willing to do the Lord's will
                                             And More willing to always remember Him

"...your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power.
"Therfore, let our hearts be comforted; for all things shall work together for good..." (D&C 100)

And that's when I just give it ALL up to Him.

1 comment:

  1. Man you are such an inspiration to me. The Lord sent you Isaac because he knew you could love and care for him in a way no one else could. I am glad to have you as my bff and get to see and read your testimony and faith.

    ReplyDelete