Wednesday, January 8, 2014

different trial

Some look at me and my family with little Isaac and see the "obvious trial." But there are many things that aren't so obvious-just like everyone else. And as I've talked to everyone else it's been made clear that we all have difficult challenges, none greater than another's. But I will say at that having a child with special needs is a different challenge, one that is not really understood.

However, there are many I feel are much harder and different in their own ways.
For those that have a more obvious trial,  the pity isn't worth the pain. And many don't want the pity anyway.

But oh how I have found the most common and tender ground as people open up to me-because they now know I will understand. And it helps me to not feel so alone and get out of the bubble.

My sister, Rachael, Is my rock- the balm of understanding, the wealth of knowledge.

Of course, my Savior has been many companion through it all. The atonement has healed many heart so many times and led me
to happiness each day.

Some relate special needs children to having a death in the family. I now see how true that is as I've finally discovered I went through the grieving cycle. And as the one year mark came I had another spout like an open wound. Realizing this fact,however,makes me realize I'm normal and not going crazy. And I don't have to just get over it. And it is okay to be happy and so have a fulfilling life.

I must say,though,if Isaac is my hardest trial, it sure is a happy one. Couldn't ask for a better refiners fire. Love this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment