Monday, October 28, 2013

Paper Work

Having a child with special needs requires a lot of paperwork. I bet you never really thought about that before.

Isaac is now in what is called Friday's Kids with Kids On The Move. That is where he gets his early intervention help, including physical therapy. He will now be getting speech therapy and occupational therapy within the next month or so.

It's starting. I feel like I see him falling behind. No one else sees it really. I'm the paranoid mother, ya know. Obsessed with development.

Anyway, there was a bit of paperwork involved, a phone call or two and an hour meeting to get him into the "club." Now Jeremy and I get respite Friday nights from 6:30-9:30 pm. However, we are on the "on call" list, so we never know until 6:30 if we will get in. We also have to find a babysitter for Amelia or take her with us at that time. Kinda crazy. I'm sure we will be super grateful for it when he is older. Hopefully one day we will get off the on-call list and on to the regular list.

During this time I have also been trying to get everything together for the Department of Services For People with Disabilities. AKA DSPD. Now that is some paper work. Anything you could think of, they want it. And it will only get me on the waiting list. My niece just got in. She is eight years old. My other family members with FXS have not been accepted. It's gonna be a long road.

No comments:

Post a Comment