Sunday, November 10, 2013

Children

I often worry about Amelia. No she doesn't have special needs. But she has a little brother with special needs. Right now she is only two(almost three) and she knows Isaac gets a lot of attention and babying. I want her to feel special in her own way, too. 

I hope they will be best friends.
When Isaac gets made fun of because someone is inconsiderate.
When someone says "retarded."
When a playmate takes advantage of his disabilities.
When people just don't understand.
I hope that Amelia will stand up for him. Because that's what friends do. That's what big sister's do. Maybe one day she will punch that mean kid in the face on the play ground and teach him a lesson. Ha ha. Maybe not. Okay, I hope not. I'll teach her better, right?;)

I want more children, but I have worries.
Would Isaac get the attention he needs when I do not even feel I can give it to him now?
Will my next child have Fragile X Syndrome? And will I be able to handle it?
Will my next child not have Fragile X and be best friends with Amelia and crowd Isaac out?
Will I go crazy with another whether I have one with or without FXS? :)
I have lots of worries. I don't like worry.

It's interesting having one child with Fragile X and one with out.

I love my children. They are both my little angels. They are my life.

1 comment: