Sunday, March 9, 2014

Babysitters, diaper changes, and laughs

When Millie was little she would not go to anyone. She was very shy. I had many things I was doing at the time, including callings, so she often was watched by others. She eventually grew out of that stage and does really well now.

I hope this is only a stage Isaac is going through. I feel like I need to warn babysitters. Sometimes we are limited to what we can do because not just anyone can watch this kid!

I am thankful for many people that have offered to be our "respite." There are so many in my ward willing to watch Isaac and Millie, despite dedicating all they've got to keep everyone sane:)

I'll never forget when I left my son with a neighbor. It was late, so I packed diapers and jammies. I wasn't really expecting him to be in them, however, when we got back. When we picked him up, sure enough he was in pjs and everything. Jeremy and I just laughed all the way home thinking That poor woman! How in the world did she do that!

The other day it took all three of my sister-in-laws to change his diaper. It is seriously an Olympic event. Sometimes I wonder how he is fully clothed each day when it's just me at home. It's a miracle!

That's my crazy little bud. Love him!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! It really did take 3 of us haha! I'm not sure how you do it by yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me, SUPERWOMAN, haha! Your little man of steel is no match for my powers!

    ReplyDelete