Sunday, March 9, 2014

Big News-A Cure?

The other day I was looking at my National Fragile X App and saw a News Article. A lot of time I don't read these kinds of things. There is always some kind of research going on and often times I don't feel like it is going anywhere.

If fact, when I think of "finding a cure for Fragile X" as we all hope, I don't really feel it's possible. At least I didn't until I read the article. This could change everything.

It's weird to think Isaac was just his normal little self until he was fifty days in the womb. Then apparently everything changed. Once that certain protein was "shut off" he was now destined to have Fragile X Syndrome and change all of our mortal lives forever.

But I often wonder, "What if they do find a cure?" If he is old by then (which I'm sure will happen) will it really be able to change much? Can you really take someone with special needs and change everything? Is it the purpose?

If this study works and becomes available to the public it will be years and years before that happens. But hey, who needs a cure. We are pretty happy around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment