Thursday, February 27, 2014

Great Minds Think Alike

This is my nephew. He is fourteen and also has Fragile X, like my little Isaac. It is funny to see how alike they are because they are cousins and have the same syndrome. Sometimes I don't know whether it is their sensory needs, family traits, FXS, or something else, but they sure have a lot in common.

They both get this embarrassed smile, turning their heads and closing their eyes tight
They both love popcorn
They both love rocking horses, or at least my nephew did when he was little, as does every FXer in my family.
He was super hyper in this one but I'll never forget seeing how well he did this when I was so worried about other things he couldn't do. What  a natural!:)

They both like apples, though my nephew LOVES them

Needless to say, these two have a special bond.

When I first found out that Isaac had Fragile X, I had to tell all my family, which was hard. But there was one person I knew would not be sad. In fact, my nephew was so excited when he heard that Isaac had Fragile X just like him. It was a celebration. That helped me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment